Today Fit Recipe
Recipe from: http://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com/roasted-broccoli-with-asiago-garlic-and-almonds/
The brightness of the lemon, the tangy creaminess of the asiago and the crunchy almonds pair perfectly with the caramelized crispy broccoli making this an elegant yet simple side dish. Perfect for entertaining or for a weeknight dinner!
roasted broccoli with asiago, garlic and almonds
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Calories per serving: 197
Fat per serving: 15 g
Saturated fat per serving: 3 g
Carbs per serving: 13 g
Protein per serving: 9 g
Fiber per serving: 7 g
Sugar per serving: 0 g
Sodium per serving: 243 mg
• 1½ pounds broccoli cut into small florets
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves to 3 garlic sliced thin
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 in medium lemon sliced half
• 3 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
• ¼ cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
2. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper (see note). Spread evenly on the pan, drizzling any excess oil on top, and roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the florets are crispy and caramelized, but still a little tender. Check the broccoli after 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Squeeze the lemon over the broccoli and top with the almonds and cheese. Serve hot.
You may add more or less olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, or cheese to taste. Take a peek at the broccoli after 15 to 20 minutes; the roasting time will vary based on how small the broccoli florets are cut. If you have trouble locating Asiago cheese, Parmesan is a great substitute.